Emergency Care during School Closures
To help stop the spread of COVID-19 Schools will be closed until April 24th or later
We understand that schools also provide for many families much needed childcare. Many of you who are working to help keep our community safe may need help yourself during this time. The Firs After School Adventure (ASA), a licensed School Age Program, will be open to care for children and families during this uncertain time. At this time, space available will be for essential workers in our community and current families who are required to be at a workplace. It is our honor to serve you and assist those who are required to make it to work. We deeply care about the health and wellness of everyone. To assure you we are taking necessary precautions, the following procedures are now in place…
- Adults and children wash and sanitize hands upon arrival and throughout the day
- Our dedicated staff is putting extensive effort into sanitizing and disinfecting our center, all touchable serves and toys each night.
- Each morning at check-in, we will have a registered nurse screening staff and students who enter the center. Any symptoms or signs of anyone who could be a carrier, or be at risk with the Coronavirus will be sent home.
Thanks to our unique facilities and building here at The Firs, we are able to keep kids in small groups throughout the day, to follow rules and advice from health officials and the CDC. We have 5 rooms available for child care, allowing us to take 10 children per space, for a total of 50 registrations at camp daily.
This is what you can expect during these All Day Adventures:
1. Hours of Operation: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
2. Breakfast & Lunch provided, complements of the Bellingham School District
3. Clean & Safe Environment
4. Programmed activities based around a weekly theme
5. Educational Games & Instruction (we will have teachers on-site, but don’t tell the kids!)
Cost: Emergency Care During School Closures
DSHS approved subsidies
For non-enrolled ASA students, Registration Forms can be found here:
To help us gauge the need and interest for these days off school, please email us with what days of the week you hope to have care covered.
Feel free to also email with any questions you may have. We will do our best to answer as quickly as possible. There will be no phone service this weekend at The Firs, so please email instead of calling.
Caring for you,
Stacy Smith, ASA Director