Each summer we look for energetic people who love the Lord and want to come and join other staff members for a summer of ministry, hard work, spiritual growth and fun. Fircreek Day Camp is one of two children’s camps at The Firs. Located in a picturesque wooded area, within walking distance of our own waterfront property, Fircreek is an ideal setting to run a children’s ministry.
What should I know about being on Fircreek Summer Staff?
- Fircreek Day Camp requires all staff to adhere to our Doctrinal Statement of faith.
- All Summer Staff are required to reside at camp. Staff will live among other staff and campers in rustic cabin-style accommodations. All meals are provided for staff. Pay ranges from $105 to $150 a week, depending on position and experience.
- You must have a current medical form and proof of insurance form on file with The Firs at the time of employment. No insurance benefits are provided for seasonal positions, with the exception of Worker’s Compensation.
- We begin the hiring process in January and hope to have our staff hired by April 1. We will continue to accept applications until all positions are filled.
NEW Counseling Options (3 choices):
- Full Summer Commitment (June 18 – August 25)
- 1st Summer Session (June 18 – July 21)
- 2nd Summer Session (July 21 – August 25)
Staff Training Week:
- Leadership Positions: June 7-16
- Counselors: June 10-16
- Camp begins June 18 and continues through August 25, 2018.
- All staff, regardless of Full Summer or Session, are required to be at training (excluding EFRT’s).
Read more Staff Policies by clicking here.
Click on the link below to apply to work on Staff this summer at Fircreek Day Camp. This application takes 20-30 minutes to complete. If you don’t finish, there is an option to save your progress and continue later. Please have reference information ready before you fill out the application.
- January – March – collecting/reviewing applications
- February – April – conducting phone interviews
- April – hiring decisions made
Please be patient as we have a lot of applications to process and applicants to interview.
- Fircreek Day Camp Summer Staff Positions
- Fircreek EFRT Program
- Director’s Assistant Job Description & Application